A career with Marine Travelift is more than just a job. It’s a commitment to making an impact. Our team members design and build long lasting machines because each employee is given the opportunity to continuously innovate. We look to our people to come up with the ideas that make all of our products and services better. Marine Travelift has been manufacturing mobile boat hoists since 1954. Our equipment is utilized across the globe with over 4,000 units in service to help marinas handle boats of all sizes.
Marine Travelift is excited to be adding a full time Safety Coordinator to its team. This position will oversee the Safety program to ensure company quality standards are met at all times and to reinforce the concept of workplace safety. You will be responsible for being in compliance with and adhering to OSHA guidelines as well as overseeing employee safety at work.
- Work closely with the production, purchasing, and engineering department teams under the administration of the VP or Operation.
- Manage the ISO:9001 Quality Management Program.
- Conduct inspections of all manufactured parts to ensure compliance with customer specifications and company guidelines.
- Manage the corporate Safety program including review and updating policies in support of OSHA requirements as prescribed in 20 CFR 1910 and additional specific requirements under 20 CFR 1926, ensuring OSHA compliance as applicable.
- Conduct safety training for all employees.
- Act as primary contact with police, fire, and EMS agencies for emergency planning and inspection; conduct training related to hazardous material storage, and ensure emergency response plans are current.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of quality and safety experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 quality management system preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and associated diagrams
- Ability to perform investigations and write detailed reports and procedures
- Attention to detail necessary to adhere to quality standards
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K benefit plan with company match
- Health Saving Account (HSA) plan with employer contribution
- Job training and advancement opportunities
We are an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)