A career with Marine Travelift is more than just a job. It’s a commitment to making an impact. Our team members design and build long lasting machines because each employee is given the opportunity to continuously innovate. We look to our people to come up with the ideas that make all of our products and services better. Marine Travelift has been manufacturing mobile boat hoists since 1954. Our equipment is utilized across the globe with over 4,000 units in service to help marinas handle boats of all sizes.
Marine Travelift is excited to be adding a CAD Designer to our Engineering Department. In your role you will Collaborate and work within the engineering department while being under the administration of the Vice President of engineering. As the Designer, you will design and develop new products that will be tailored around customer requirements or used to replace existing items. Designers ensure specifications, requirements, tolerances, diameters, and quality are up to standards and meet all demands.
- Asses the designs of machines generated and ensure that safety, performance, and specifications are met.
- Writing progress reports and presenting them to superiors.
- Work with Solid Works to develop designs and run load tests to ensure correct structural engineering.
- Research new developments and innovations for machines manufactured.
- Responsible for analyzing sketches and providing insight on design changes.
- Ensure that all designs are correct with accordance to sizes, diameters, tolerances, dimensions, and surface areas.
- Generate lists that will include parts needed during the manufacturing of products.
- Create concepts for products that will be used as proposals and new product designs.
- Find ways to increase the usage of an item within production.
- Use computer generated software in order to create designs. (Auto CAD, Solid Works, etc.)
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- 2-year degree in Mechanical Design or similar experience preferred
- Able to work with Solid Works and Adobe products.
- Able to read and interpret blueprint drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively between all departments within the organization.
- Able to draft 3D models with computer software programs.
- Able to apply force and strengths to designs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform math equations in order to calculate load restrictions and limitations.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K benefit plan with company match
- Health Saving Account (HSA) plan with employer contribution
- Job training and advancement opportunities
We are an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)